Community Rules & Guidelines
We value thoughtful, constructive discussion, but comments that attack an author or smear an organisation are not acceptable. Contributions that offer information or clarifications on breaking news stories are also valued. Complaints about our content or coverage should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are general guidelines that influence whether or not a comment will be accepted:
- Personal attacks on authors, other users or any individual are not tolerated, and users who repeatedly post such comments may be banned.
- Comments featuring swearing, name-calling or otherwise abusive language are unacceptable.
- We value robust debate and understand that people often feel strongly about the topics debated on the site, but please show respect for the views and beliefs of other users. By being polite and civil, you ensure that the topic remains the focus of the debate and that our pages remain conducive to intelligent discussion.
- Keep your posts relevant. If you post a comment that is not related to the topic being discussed, it may be deleted. Comments about moderation decisions or general comments about Starr Radio UK will likely also be deleted.
- Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be tolerated. There is a difference between criticizing a government, organisation or belief and attacking people because of their race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
- Comments that incite people to commit a crime will not be tolerated.
- Keep your comments coherent. If the moderator cannot understand your comment because of poor spelling, grammar or logic, it will be deleted.
- Do not post content which you have copied from someone else and for which you do not have the copyright.
- DO NOT SHOUT. Writing in caps is considered shouting in web etiquette.
- No spamming or flooding. Do not repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
- No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs).
- No impersonating. Impersonating anyone (including other members) is unacceptable.
- No inappropriate usernames.
- No personal information. It is not acceptable to publicise yours or anyone else’s contact details, including address, place of employment, telephone number, email address, etc.
- We will not accept defamatory comments capable of damaging the reputation of an organisation or individual in the eyes of right thinking members of the public.
- We will not tolerate comments that are in contempt of court. This means anything that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
- We will delete comments that break a court injunction. This is when court orders prohibit the release of specific information, such as the names or whereabouts of people involved in a court case.
- Spelling and grammar will not be corrected when comments are posted on blogs. However, we reserve the right to correct spelling and grammar when publishing comments elsewhere on our site.
- Because of the volume of comments received, we cannot review individual moderation decisions or alter comments once they have been published.
Content on this website is for general information purposes only. Your comments are provided by your own free will and you take sole responsibility for any direct or indirect liability. You assign us with a license to use, reuse, delete or publish any comments without notice.