Starr Radio UK Website
Terms & Conditions
- Data Submissions Various parts of this site allow for user information or any other data to be transmitted or posted on the site (hereinafter referred to as “User Submissions”). These include personal information, photographs, videos, audio materials, written scripts, articles, opinions or any other form of material. Such User Submissions shall be subject to the following conditions:
- By submitting any material to this Site, you accept to provide a non-revocable, unlimited Global licence to the User Submissions to Starr Radio UK who in turn shall have the right to use, distribute, modify, alter or delete parts of the User Submission as per its own discretion and on any platform or media whatsoever.
- User Submissions may be used by Starr Radio UK for any purpose including, but not limited to reproduction, broadcasting, transmission, editing, cutting, reformation, adapting, posting, or any other use as per the sole discretion of Starr Radio UK.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and any claims, damages, third party rights, as well as any legal action or proceeding arising out of the use and submission of this material.
- By submitting any User Submission, you hereby affirm, represent and warrant that you have the right to submit such material, and that you have obtained all necessary clearances, licences, consents, rights and permissions to use and authorise Starr Radio UK to use any material submitted, including the rights to all patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright or other proprietary rights in any and all User Submissions.
- You undertake that you will not submit or disclose on this site any material or information that is protected by or subject to any copyright, trade secret or any third party proprietary rights, including Privacy and publicity rights, unless all rights have been obtained from the rights owners to submit the material and/or information and grant the licence indicated herein to Starr Radio UK.
- You further undertake not to submit any material or information that is deemed unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libellous, political, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive, considered as a criminal offence, gives rise to a civil liability, encourages criminal action or violates the law, culture or internationally acceptable norms and codes of ethics.
- You hereby grant Starr Radio UK a global, non-revocable, exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable licence to broadcast, distribute, display, reproduce, cut, edit, re-edit, delete, sell or modify the material or information submitted by you without any limitation whatsoever, in any media format and on any platform at the sole discretion of Starr Radio UK . This Licence shall not be limited by period or territory.
- You hereby further assign to Starr Radio UK (by way of permanent assignment of present and future copyright) all rights of any nature in and to such material throughout the world including all renewals and reversions thereof.
- Starr Radio UK shall have the right and final say on display of User Submissions, and under no circumstances is Starr Radio UK obliged to display or include on this site all or part of any User Submission.
- Data collection and use
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
The names, images and logos identifying Starr Radio UK, or any of its associated companies or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Starr Radio UK, its associated companies and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by any means, licence or right under any trade mark or patent of Starr Radio UK, its associated companies or any other third party. All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site shall remain at all times the property of Starr Radio UK or Starr Radio UK’s s licensors. In accessing the site, or any other sites of Starr Radio UK, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not agree to, permit or assist in any way any third party to copy, reproduce, download, post, store (including in any other web site), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content without the prior written permission of an authorised officer the Starr Radio UK.
- Third Party Sites / Links
Starr Radio UK is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material you access through this site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Starr Radio UK does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites or material (including payment for and delivery of such products or services). Starr Radio UK is not responsible for any damage, loss or offence caused by or, in connection with, any content, advertising, products, services or information available on such websites or material. Any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and the relevant provider of the service. Links to this site must be direct to any complete content page (and not any part of a page) within this site and all other Al Jazeera sites, and must not be viewed within the pages of any other site. Starr Radio UK disclaims all liability for any legal or other consequences (including for infringement of third party rights) of links made to this website. Links do not imply that Starr Radio UK endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked site, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Starr Radio UK or any of its affiliates, entities or subsidiaries.
- Disclaimer / Limitation of Liability
You agree that your use of this site shall be at your sole risk and responsibility. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Starr Radio UK, its officers, directors, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the website. Starr Radio UK does not warrant, endorse or guarantee that the content posted on this site is of social, cultural and moral acceptable standards. Starr Radio UK does not warrant that User Submissions posted on this site do not infringe any third party rights. Although Starr Radio UK does monitor the User Submissions provided on the site, it is your sole responsibility to clear all rights of third parties and to obtain all necessary licences and approvals to post any material and you hereby assume all responsibility for all damages, costs and liabilities that may arise as a result from the user submission. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons relating to this site or any other sites owned or operated by Starr Radio UK, and/or any of its associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The information and other materials included on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Starr Radio UK does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials or the reliability of any statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site (including, without limitation, the information provided through the use of any software). You acknowledge that any reliance on any such statement or information shall be at your sole risk. Starr Radio UK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programmes, services or prices described in the site at any time without notice. In no event will Starr Radio UK and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use, loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website. Starr Radio UK does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Starr Radio UK does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of any material. Starr Radio UK may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website, including the availability of any features of the website, at any time without notice or liability.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Starr Radio UK, and all of its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries and associates from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your access to and use of this site and/or the submission of any User Submissions to this website. You understand that when using this website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. To that regard, you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Al Jazeera, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Starr Radio UK, and its shareholders, subsidiaries, officers’ affiliates, and licensees to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom. Disputes arising herefrom shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the UK courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this website must be commenced within Six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable. Starr Radio UK makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use at specific locations or jurisdictions and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from a location where the contents of this website are prohibited, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.